I teach writing theory and practice courses in the English department and direct the Writing Center at Metropolitan State University of Denver. Before joining the MSU Denver faculty in 2008, I taught at Red Rocks Community College for thirteen years.
In addition to teaching and directing the Writing Center at MSU Denver, I work with writers on all aspects of their writing processes. I enjoy working with groups of writers in a workshop setting and presenting to groups on subjects such as
- overcoming Writer’s Block
- using writing to improve your thinking
- being a more productive writer
- moving from draft to publication
- tackling a large writing project, such as a dissertation, article, or book
I also work with teachers on teaching writing and teaching with writing, presenting and conducting workshops on topics such as
- teaching with web 2.0
- improving feedback to writers
- using writing as a thinking tool as well as an assessment tool
You can see a list of recent presentations and workshops I’ve done here.